Skip to main content

Another task completed...but no treat

I decided to do the last birthday present today, knowing that I had already forfeited my treat for it. It'a another altoid tin, which I covered with Madame Payraud paper inside and out, before adding a few extras. I painted a grungeboard lamp silver, then rubbed versamark on it randomly, before adding black soot distress embossing powder. The bats are painted black then stickles added, and the wooden word fun was dripped with red alcohol ink before black soot and silver distress paints were dabbed onto them.




The skull is a little extra, in case the recipient doesn't like the tin. That's the problem with making your own presents, there are always some people who may not fully appreciate the work put into them.

I've also made a bottle necklace today, for a present for next year (I should really work on the domino books but I wasn't feeling it today). I used clear shrink plastic and alcohol ink on some die cut flowers and butterflies, then got a bottle, added green beads to it, and glossy accented it to seal them (they aren't dry yet which is why you can see the milky colour in the pics). I glued one butterfly to the inside (almost impossible) and one to a head pin I stuck through the cork. I then added the rest of the butterflies, and the flowers, to the outside of the glass. 





It looks better in person than it does on the photos. I quite like the whole bottle necklace thing, and may do something for myself in future (thinking more poison than butterflies)

Emma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…