Skip to main content

Overplanning

I don't know whether anybody else has the same problem as I do, but I have a tendency to overplan. This can extend from holidays being planned in the smallest detail (actually a benefit for somewhere like Disney, where it pays to have military-like precision) to planning christmas and birthday presents waayy in advance. I haven't even finished this years birthday and christmas presents yet, and I'm already planning the next ones. The disadvantage of this is that projects I've planned to do for myself get put on the wayside. I've got next week off so I'm hoping to work on a lot of projects throughout the week, especially as I've no spending money. Gotta keep myself busy somehow!

I've completed a little cross stitch this week, and started another one. With the one that's in progress, I've decided to do something a little different. Rather than take a picture when the page is complete, I'm going to take one at the end of each stitching session, to give an idea of how quickly the progress is made.


Not sure why this is sideways but ho hum! It was pretty hard to do actually. Looks simple but it's deceptive, as it's 28 count. First time I've tried that and I found it impossible to do the half stitches so improvised. 




Here are the first three sessions from Dimensions Holiday Village stitch. Looks very disorganised at the moment but it's getting there slowly. 

I've also been working on the christmas presents, completing the covers for the domino books, which are currently drying. I actually found the black dominoes easier to work with than the white, as for some reason I have trouble with the alcohol ink. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it never seems to work out for me the way it does for others. 

With these dominoes I used a combination of papers, alcohol inks, stamps, stazon ink, beads, remnant rubs, promarkers and various findings. 












I used either glossy or crackle accents on them to coat, hence the need for them to dry.

This morning I've been making tags for the christmas baubles. I used Tim Holtz, fragments,stamped them on the front with stazon ink with an initial, then stamped the back with versamark ink and brushed with yellow mica powder.Finally I used stickles to coat the back. Obviously they aren't dry yet, but once they are I will put another photo up to show you how they worked out.




Spending wise I have spent £39.92 on eight pieces of water soluble canvas, £26.50 on six t shirts and a vest top, £10 on electric, £6.16 on a pack of baccy for mum, £2 on two pizzas and £1.75 on four magnums. I bought a bottle of glossy accents for £5.95 from countryview crafts and - mini breakthrough - nothing else from there! Food for next week was £9.99, and todays rent was £406.16. Unfortunately I was a bit short sighted buying the supplies for next years presents so I don't really have any spare money for myself, but that's my fault. 

Finally the tasks

1. Starry night cross stitch (DONE)
2. Project book (DONE)
3. Book plans (little progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (80/100)
5.Make 14 christmas presents (some progress)
6. Make 11 birthday presents (no progress)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (DONE)
8. Hit minimum savings target (48%)
9. Kili stitch (DONE)
10. Write 50,000 words (22298/50000)

Happy crafting everyone, and let's hope this week goes quickly!

Ems





Comments

  1. Love, love LOVE the domino's, Ems! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    Oh ... yes .... I'm an over-planner and an over-thinker. It keeps me standing still for waaaay too long some days. I seem to almost talk myself out of some things simply because I've made everything seem to be so complicated with all the 'over' planning and thinking.

    We need to form a self help group. LOL ~ Cobs. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'we must finish the project we're working on before we start another one' self help group? ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time! Look where we are...

Wasn't going to post anything today, then I decided that it's been ages since I've entered a challenge! So I looked around and found That's Crafty were hosting a challenge with the theme of time. So here is my entry to that. See if you can spot the time link...


Got it yet? I decided to celebrate my favourite Time Lord, Doctor Who! (The Eleventh incarnation to be precise)
The star is symbolic of Galifrey. It's chipboard, painted with tarnished brass distress paint, stickled with the same colour, then edged with weathered wood distress pad. The blue symbols are foil, embossed and sanded. The embossing folder just reminded me of Galifreyan writing!

The background is clocks *(not sure but I think it's a Docraft set) to which I inked the edges in weathered wood and added some remnant rub ons.

Bow tie. Cos bow ties are cool! This was made from Sew Lovely paper.

You can also see a shrink plastic keychain Tardis here, complete with bead sonic screwdriver and key. Cos e…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

A new challenge

Not crafty related which is why it's in a separate post. When I mentioned about not decluttering in a recent post it got me thinking. When I have been successful in completing something it's because I have broken it down into manageable chunks, so I have decided to attack decluttering using the same method. So, from now until the day I can't decide what to get rid of, I will be getting rid of one item a day. Here are the rules.

1. It cannot be food - obvious reasons there
2. A photo must be taken of said item - there are exceptions to this rule. I am not going to subject you to a picture of my old underwear should that be an item I get rid of.
3. Once chosen I cannot change my mind - this is relevant when I am in the middle of filling up a bag to give to charity. I cannot dig through it, once an item is in there, there it stays.
4. I must explain here where I got it (if I remember) why I am getting rid of it and where it is going.

So, with that in mind here are the first i…