Skip to main content

Just a quick one...

Just a quick one to round out the week off. I love weeks off, means I get to work on my crafting full time. If only I was good enough for it to be a full time job but then, would it be as much fun if it was a job and not a hobby?

The last thing that I did this week was to stitch another t-shirt for next year's birthdays. In a way I have been doing these to put off doing the Dimensions stitch, as I'm finding that very hard. I worked on this all day yesterday, and actually managed to finish a whole cross stitch in one day.



I chose the colours for the hearts myself, which is the first time I've altered a cross stitch more than picking a shade slightly different from the one asked as I didn't have it in my stash. 

Spending wise, I bought the last two t-shirts I needed for the presents (£8), sausage rolls, crisps, cereal bars, milkshakes, yoghurts and nectarines for work next week (£8.52) and bought my treat. I took £20 out and got a Burger King for mum and myself (£12.38) and a taxi home (£4 - wouldn't ordinarily do it but weather was horrific). I also bought two sets of charms from Amazon to use in my jewelry making. I really want to do some domino necklaces, and some bottle ones too. Only problem is I don't have any actual necklaces so for now I will have to do them as pendants and interchange necklaces when I want to wear them. 

Without trying to jinx myself I am going to try my hardest next month to get my savings back on track. I will probably earn another treat next month, given that I only have sixteen books left to read before I hit that target, but I know what I'm getting with that one and it's not too expensive. I may also have to get some skeins for the cross stitch shirts but I've found a site that sells them for 40p, instead of the 72p I have been paying. Actually looking at it I've only got four tasks left to do and none of them are craft related! Don't worry though, I have a separate list of all the craft stuff I have planned, so there will be plenty on here.

Happy crafting!
Ems

Comments

  1. WOW ... I think this one is possibly my very most favourite of them all. Right up my street. (or my Tshirt. LOL).
    Cobs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the pattern on pinterest and altered the colours to pink (they were red)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feminine doesn't have to be pink

I was making a Christmas present for somebody the other day and I got an email from That's Crafty for their latest challenge, which is feminine, so I decided to enter it into it. I'm also going to enter it into Finnabairs denim journal challenge using blue as my inspiration.

I started off with a plain wooden chest of drawers, coating it with white gesso then with tissue paper. After it was dry I inked it with distress pads and coated it with crackle texture paste. The interesting thing here is that I then had to take away the wooden lines between the drawers as the glue had swelled them so they wouldn't fit!! Lesson learned.


This is one side. I used some Docraft Parisienne blue paper for the 'blue' of the box, using a thinlits mixed media die to make a negative image and allow the tissue to shine through. The panel was inked with walnut stain on the side. Finally I cut some flowers and butterflies out, adding a gem in the middle of each flower.
This is the top. S…

A new challenge

Not crafty related which is why it's in a separate post. When I mentioned about not decluttering in a recent post it got me thinking. When I have been successful in completing something it's because I have broken it down into manageable chunks, so I have decided to attack decluttering using the same method. So, from now until the day I can't decide what to get rid of, I will be getting rid of one item a day. Here are the rules.

1. It cannot be food - obvious reasons there
2. A photo must be taken of said item - there are exceptions to this rule. I am not going to subject you to a picture of my old underwear should that be an item I get rid of.
3. Once chosen I cannot change my mind - this is relevant when I am in the middle of filling up a bag to give to charity. I cannot dig through it, once an item is in there, there it stays.
4. I must explain here where I got it (if I remember) why I am getting rid of it and where it is going.

So, with that in mind here are the first i…

Time! Look where we are...

Wasn't going to post anything today, then I decided that it's been ages since I've entered a challenge! So I looked around and found That's Crafty were hosting a challenge with the theme of time. So here is my entry to that. See if you can spot the time link...


Got it yet? I decided to celebrate my favourite Time Lord, Doctor Who! (The Eleventh incarnation to be precise)
The star is symbolic of Galifrey. It's chipboard, painted with tarnished brass distress paint, stickled with the same colour, then edged with weathered wood distress pad. The blue symbols are foil, embossed and sanded. The embossing folder just reminded me of Galifreyan writing!

The background is clocks *(not sure but I think it's a Docraft set) to which I inked the edges in weathered wood and added some remnant rub ons.

Bow tie. Cos bow ties are cool! This was made from Sew Lovely paper.

You can also see a shrink plastic keychain Tardis here, complete with bead sonic screwdriver and key. Cos e…