Skip to main content

If a light starts flashing...run

Finished another t-shirt tonight, this one for my friend and fellow Supernatural fan. The icon is the tattoo that Sam and Dean get to stop a demon possessing them.


Normally it would be black but as it is a black t shirt this would not work. It took almost an entire skein of red! 

I got paid on 26th so the day before I put the remainder in the savings, which was 200.13, bringing me to 53% of my total target. Not where I wanted to be but still not bad. I do have to be careful for the rest of the year though. Spending wise I have spent twice since payday, once on the skeins I needed for the last two t shirts (25 skeins plus delivery £11.25) and another pair of work trousers as that stupid broken chair at work wrecked another pair, and gave me a lovely scratch on my arse! I couldn't find my usual ones in New Look so looked in Peacocks, where I found a pair for £9 - £3 cheaper than I usually get. 

Finally, the tasks

1. Starry night stitch (DONE)
2. Project book (DONE)
3. Book plans (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (90/100)
5. Make 14 christmas presents (DONE)
6. Make 11 birthday presents (DONE)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (DONE)
8. Hit minimum savings target (53%)
9. Kili stitch (DONE)
10. 50,000 words (37059/50000)

I've got a rough order for the next few craft things, as I still have to wait for the skeins before I start another one of the shirts. So keep an eye on the posts!

Ems

Comments

  1. I really like this idea of buying a Tshirt and personalising it. It's not something that has ever crossed my mind, but seeing how wonderful yours are, I might just give this a 'go' and see if I can make it work.

    (I'll try on an old Tshirt first though! eeek) lol
    Cobs. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water soluble canvas is amazing Cobs - and you can buy a cheap t from Peacocks for £4.

      Delete
  2. Wow.... great price!

    Thanks for the info! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…