Skip to main content

More Wip's

I don't know what's happening to me at the moment but my crafting bug has well and truly gone into hibernation. I just can't seem to do anything right, and it's annoying as hell. The only thing that is working right is my cross stitch, and that's cos I have a pattern to follow (I have added a new stitch to my list, something for somebody else). So here is where I'm at with the sewing room stitch






Maybe I've got to the point now where I have too much craft stuff to know what to do with it. Hopefully it's just another lull. I have been working on something today, but I can't do anything more with it until the glue is dried, so for now, here it is



I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with these pieces, but suffice it to say I've got a long way to go till I'm finished. 

Spending wise it's gone a bit pear shaped as well. My brother has so far paid me back £175, which I used last week. I got a Dominos for £19.99, a meal at Walkabout for five of us for £50, some food from the Co-op for £9.46, some weedkiller, food and a mag from Asda for £16.36, sausage and chips for £5.40, a rucksack (£23) and two pairs of skull candy headphones (£19.99 each) some snacks £3.70) fish and chips again (£5.90) and a pack of filters for mum (60p)

It's amazing how quickly money goes when you aren't paying attention to it. I think part of it is due to the fact that my tasks are a little vague at the moment, and I have lost my creative spark in both my crafting and my writing. To that end, I have started doing one writing exercise a day for the next thirty days, as well as starting to prepare LAAC for self publishing. So far I have done four exercises, including the story of homework girl, and a short story involving an elderly fly telling a younger one the secret to a long life! 

One conundrum I have solved is the one about tags. I loved doing tags, but I ran out of them and to be honest with you I didn't want to buy anymore. When I used the pediments die last week I realised that the die would be a perfect solution to tags, using a regular piece of card in the middle of it. I think the best thing to do at the moment though is to concentrate on one project at a time, and intersperse that with the stitching. After all, cross stitch is still craft. 
Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…