Skip to main content

Revisiting Roald Dahl...

If you remember, roughly this time last year I bought a Roald Dahl Docrafts Ultimate pack, and I have to admit aside from using it a little occasionally it has mainly been left in a drawer. Today I decided to get it out and make a birthday card.


I used one of the pre-made cards, with the book background, and some sentiment toppers (which make a sentence). some Charlie and the Chocolate factory decoupage, and a bow. 



The envelopes are also premade, but the alphabet stickers come separately. 

These decoupage packs are a good idea for cards like this, but it's also brought home to me that this time last year I was buying things impulsively rather than actually thinking about how I would use things. I bought embossing folders at the same time but have rarely used most and haven't touched others. They are christmas themed so that doesn't help at the moment but I do have the embossing powders I need now. 

Other than this, here are the updates on the cross stitch (another example of buying too much - I have five left to complete, plus plenty of threads and fabric)




The window for this half of the stitch is done now and I'm working on the basket. There's a lot of stuff in this one, which means changing thread colours quite often! Still, I'm finding it easier than the Holiday Village one. 

Happy crafting! 
Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…