Skip to main content

Memories...

Before I start with what I've done today, here is the update on the sewing room stitch (actually called Stitcher's Haven, which appeared in the World of Cross Stitching mag). I've finished the first page now - that basket on the left hand side was a nightmare!



Onto today. I had a canvas left so I decided to make next year's fathers day present with it. To begin with I used clear embossing powder with a stamp and then distress inked the canvas.


I also dripped some water on the canvas before drying with a heating tool


Here is the embossed part


I added a few drops of alcohol ink to give some intense colour in places


I stamped a clock in distress ink


Another clock. For some reason they didn't work very well in the end


The lines were actually from an embossing folder.

After preparing the background I cut out a phrase (Dr Seuss) out of chipboard, painted it with metallic distress paint then dabbed with black soot distress pad, before glueing it onto the canvas.

I wasn't completely happy with the canvas, so I got the clock stamp back out and added a few more stamps with versa mark ink and mica powder




This is what I did at the bottom. The photos are printed in sepia (lending to the memory image) 


The clock was chipboard with a clock stamped on it, glued onto a clock rim and with a game spinner.  This was glued onto a burlap panel. The butterfly was sprayed with green then painted with black. The lovely women in the corner is my nan


I chose some pictures of me and my brothers (or to the grammar nazi's among us, my brothers and I) then added some film, some flowers and some black and wooden beads



So there you have it! Not perfect by any means but it's a nice trip down memory lane, not to mention another thing off my to do list. 
Ems




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…