Skip to main content

Finally a use for scrabble!

As it is payday I thought I'd put a blog post up today. Before I go onto the spends, I will show you what I've done so far. First of all, here is where I am on the sewing room stitch.


The blanket is taking ages! I reckon this should take me about another month. 

Now onto the reason for the title. My mum went on holiday last month, and she was browsing in a car boot sale (a tradition for our family) when she found a game with plastic number tiles (ok technically not scrabble but the tiles are the same size, so if you have some spare scrabble tiles you can do this)

The first thing you do is dig out some papers. Be very careful, as you have to pick small pieces, or at least the right part of larger pieces. For example, my Steampunk Spells papers don't really work for this as it is a 12" pad. When you have chosen your papers, cut them roughly to size, then glue them onto the tile. I used multi matte medium to cover them, and put some more multi matte medium on them to seal 

Once dry (wait till they are completely dry) then you can add some extra stuff. I have a bunch of remnant rub ons, and they were perfect for this kind of thing. I then added some stickles to each one.


You'll notice there are a couple of dominoes here as well. There was some paper I liked too big for scrabble! Once this part is done coat each piece in Glossy Accents. Leave to dry at least overnight, then glue bails onto the back. 






These two (the hand and the eye) are my favourite.



My least favourite, purely because of the coloured S - these particular rub ons are not as good as the Tim Holtz ones.



You may not be able to see the rubs here but it is white script rubbed onto a black background.





The skull is also cool!

So there you have it, ten scrabble tiles and two dominoes, plus some craft stash and I have a bunch of different pendants!

I managed to put £505.26 in my account last month, so that makes it up to a grand total of 76.7%!!!! Well on my way to hitting my target.

Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…