Skip to main content

Cards, cards and...well some other stuff

Picture heavy post today, as I've been busy making things.

 
To start off with, a pair of earrings. These were made with the items from the last Beadhaul box, except for the hook earrings themselves.




 
The necklace I made to go with the earrings (well actually I made the necklace first. I used the arrowhead beads and heart pendants on here, as well as some of the other beads to alternate. I then used the doll pendant in the centre.

 
One of my mums workmates is coming back after a long time off, so she asked me to make a welcome back card. I used a card that already had an aperture, embossed it, inked the edges, then gathered some flowers I had in my stash, die cut some butterflies, which I added perfect pearls to, a metallic star, and the phrase welcome back in the centre.


 
A birthday card for a soon to be eight year old. I embossed white card, cut some presents and hats out of some paper I have, and made some balloons out of more paper. I then added a birthday message, purely because i'd tried to draw some balloon strings and they looked awful.



 
A birthday card for my brother. I decided to go with a guitar theme, so I took some motif paper (woodgrain) inked it and cut a whole in the centre. I then backed it onto black card, using foam pads to emphasise the space. I cut another piece of card for the fret, and added perfect pearls. I die cut a star for the centre, and added a sentiment. Finally I took some jewellery wire, using it as strings.


 
Finally here is where I am on the cross stitch at the moment. Progress is a bit better at the moment, although with long shifts at work I'm not going to be able to do much over the next couple of weeks.
 
Month nearly over so usually this would be the time I would be buying a treat, but obviously I already have so I am now trying to be as good as I can and not buy anything (other than food, a cinema trip, and my brother's birthday) until next payday. Wish me luck!
 
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…