Skip to main content

Do i regret buying April's treat early?

Answer? Hell no! I used all the stuff I bought the other day on a piece and I absolutely love it.


I started off by using clear crackle texture paste with some stencils on a canvas. I then found some pieces (wooden pieces, metal cogs, clock faces, a bow and arrow, keyhole, a wooden word, a clock key, some grungeboard numbers and stars and a believe tag)I then painted it all with white gesso. Once it was dry, I used a combination of distress spray, tattered angel glimmer mist, mica powders(gold), distress paint splatters, and a bit of distress ink pad to highlight the cracks. Once done I used white embossing powder with a script stamp and holograph embossing powder with a crackle stamp. I also used some distress embossing powder on the clock key. I then die cut a moon and stars, painted them with white gesso, sprayed with distress spray and used some stickles. I heat set it purely because it gets some cool bubbling effect on the stickles. I then stamped and cut a phrase, inking the edges, and cut out a couple of children from the found relatives pack, colouring the bows with distress markers.

 
Here's a close up of the mixed media piece on the left. I am loving how different white gesso makes it work compared to my usual black.

 
Here's a close up of the crackle texture paste. As you can see a little bit of vintage photo distress ink highlights the flowers.

 
You can just see what I mean about the bubble effect on the moon. I kind of wanted to give it a crater like appearance.

 
Here you can see the crackle stamp in holographic powder

 
You can see the gold mica powder on the keyhole. I wanted to give it a Van Gogh starry night appearance, but brighter



 
I'm so pleased with this piece - in fact it's hanging up on my living room wall right now.
 
Finally, here is the update on the cross stitch so far this month. For some reason it seems to be going really slowly.

 
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…