Skip to main content

Back to the Beauty stitch

Well a month has passed so I'm back on the Beauty and the Beast stitch. Here's a couple of pics


 
Here is where I got to on the Middle Earth stitch. It's probably about a third of the way into page 2.

 
Here's the little bit I have done so far on page 3 of the Disney stitch. The rainbow isn't glittery (hate glittery thread) but otherwise it's faithful to the pattern.
 
I have admittedly spent a little more than I was going to this month. For my monthly treat I bought a couple of books (a Victorian death photo book - don't judge, and a writing tips book) and a couple of Tim Holtz job lots on ebay. It's got a lot of stuff in it! I've also got another distress spray, but this one was free! Turns out I was sent the wrong colour (didn't realise for a couple of days myself) so emailed the company and they were nice enough to send a replacement free of charge.
 
Now for what I've been making today.
 
I got a bit stuck for ideas for my first birdhouse, so turned to my second. I started off by spraying it with distress sprays, then using a stencil to add some texture paste in a few places. I sprayed some colour onto a piece of card, added water droplets, spritzed some metallic paint onto it, then used it to cut out some tattered flowers and some flourished edges for the roof. I also sprayed some more card with lime lustre spray and cut out some foliage.
 



 
I spritzed some distress inks onto a ribbon and attached a key to it. The lock was coated in picket fence paint, then distress powdered with walnut stain powder, then a bit of green alcohol ink and some perfect sparkle mica powder was added.

 
Here's a closer look at the lock. You can also see I've used a white pen to add some squiggles to the flowers.

 
This bunting was a happy accident. The die I used has three different edge patterns (used one on the back of the roof, one on the front and one on the top of the roof. There is also a little bit between two of the edge patterns that comes out looking like this - ready made bunting!

I also used a bit of walnut stain distress pad on the fence  - gives it a little something.
 
Here you can see the texture paste. I inked it a little with a distress pad to highlight the difference.

 
A closer look at one of the flowers. This is easily one of my favourite dies. So versatile.


 
Finally I took a fragment, glued on a pair of wings (it is a birdhouse after all) and a pen, glued some spare paper (the flowers/edging paper) onto the back and glued it onto the rear of the house.
 
I've got a small idea for my next project, but it depends on when the Beadhaul box arrives, and also how much work I have got on.
 
Ems
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…