Skip to main content

A new challenge

Not crafty related which is why it's in a separate post. When I mentioned about not decluttering in a recent post it got me thinking. When I have been successful in completing something it's because I have broken it down into manageable chunks, so I have decided to attack decluttering using the same method. So, from now until the day I can't decide what to get rid of, I will be getting rid of one item a day. Here are the rules.

1. It cannot be food - obvious reasons there
2. A photo must be taken of said item - there are exceptions to this rule. I am not going to subject you to a picture of my old underwear should that be an item I get rid of.
3. Once chosen I cannot change my mind - this is relevant when I am in the middle of filling up a bag to give to charity. I cannot dig through it, once an item is in there, there it stays.
4. I must explain here where I got it (if I remember) why I am getting rid of it and where it is going.

So, with that in mind here are the first items! I started this on Sunday so here is the first three.

 
A pair of socks. Don't they look nice? All pink, with some lovely glitter running through it? Well that glitter runs through the inside of the socks as well and they hurt like a son of a bitch! It's like wearing wire wool. Into the bin they go.

 
This is a book about the Titanic, signed by the author. My brother bought it when we were in Vegas in 2009 and I've - ahem - borrowed it for more than a few years. It's now back with it's rightful owner.

 
A Jurassic bear. I bought this the first time I was in Universal Orlando (2009) and was so excited I kind of bought something in every shop. It still had the tag attached which meant I could have sold it, but there's a friend of a friend who has a sick little boy at the moment, so it's going to him.


Happy ...er....decluttering I guess!

Emma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…