Skip to main content

Another birthday card...

First things first, I've made a birthday card for my friend. Now I had no idea what I was going to do here, so I winged it. I started off by cutting some purple paper with a baroque thinlits die, and backing it with black card. I then sponged some red chalk ink through the shatter stencil (will be doing this again with the next card but in a different way) and put it in a baroque frame. The frame was painted first with distress paint, then with perfect pearls. One flower is made with a die cut, the others were in my stash. All were sprayed with distress sprays. I took a photobooth picture of some friends, cut them out and put it in the corner. The heart is grungeboard, painted red and coated with holographic embossing powder. The skull was painted white. The sentiment is stamped, inked and cut out, then backed with black card. Finally the cat was painted black and coated with black soot distress stickles. Something different here though, cos I immediately heated it with a heat gun, which causes this cool cracking bubbling effect on it.






 
Here is a close up of the cat. This is what happens when you heat stickles! Cool huh?
 
Here is an update of the cross stitch so far.
 
 
Some progress but it's going slowly at the moment. It could be because I'm afraid of doing the characters!
 
Finally, here are the latest decluttering items.
 
 
A pair of nail clippers. Used them the other day and by the time they got to the final toe nail they went blunt. In the bin!

 
A pair of boots. Believe it or not I had two pairs, almost identical, both rarely worn. So this pair has gone to somebody else.

 
A Jane Norman jumper. Worn it a few times over the years but it's a little shapeless now, not to mention bobbly. In the bin.

 
A pair of glasses. My old prescription. Why did I keep these? All I can see when I put them on is slightly defined blurs. In the bin.

 
A pair of keys for a door that doesn't exist anymore. (sounds like a tagline that!) In the bin.
 
So there you have it, papercraft, stitch and declutter in one!
 
Ems
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…