Skip to main content

Spiderman, spiderman...

One of the perfect uses for Tim Holtz' shatter stencil is a spiderman birthday card!

 
Simple to make, I just used the shatter stencil on black card with some red chalk ink. I then cut out shapes in white and trimmed them with black for the eyes, then stamped a sentiment.
 
Now for the decluttering! This post is a little ahead (tomorrow's and Monday's already on here.)

 
A Guerlain body milk. Finally used it up after what seems like years. Obviously bin bound.

 
Mitchum deodorant. To be honest it's not as good as it is made out to be. Ran out, so bin bound.

 
A door hanger. This came in a Sarah Millican gift pack, but I don't really need it. Bin.

 
Thriller Live programme. The show was excellent admittedly but I don't need to keep this. Bin.

 
Instructions for a chair. Pretty sure I don't need them. Bin.

A British Museum souvenir guide. Couple of interesting tidbits but nothing you can't find out online. Bin.

 
A runner for a duvet set. What is the point of these?! Such a waste of material, and absolutely useless. Bin.

 
My favourite pair of jeans (sob!) After years of use they have finally given up the ghost, wearing out in the crotch so I can't even cut them down for shorts. Bin bound :(
 
Finally, here is the update for the Disney stitch. It's getting there. You can see on the right hand side where Cogsworth and Lumiere are going to go now.

 
So that's it for this issue, tune in next week for another exciting edition of....
 
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…