Skip to main content

Collage box

Decided to do something a little different craft wise this week. Before I get onto that, first the decluttering.


Nars Orgasm Blush - there's something unseemly about the fashion for naming make up like this. It's supposed to be the universal blush, but it's too glittery for me. It's also a couple of years old, so can't go to the charity shop. Bin.


Nars lip palette. Bought this as there's one colour I love but I thought it would be a bargain getting this in comparison. I was wrong. The palette doesn't work half as good as a lipstick does. Bin.

Holey socks. What is it with me and socks?! Bin.




The above three photos are ink cartridges. All run out, so bin. 
A lot of bare minerals eyeshadows. I'm a little too old for colours such as these now, but they are still good so I'm taking them to a  charity shop.

Next, Disney stitch update. I'm pleased to say not only have I completed the backstitch for the whole thing, but I've also finally taught myself the French knot!






Obviously no french knots on there (been working on it since I took the picture) but I'm so pleased beacuse now I'll be able to finish it properly.

Finally, I've made a collage box this week.



I got these from The Works with loads of wooden flower shapes inside. That's the best thing about craft purchases - nine times out of ten you can find use for the packaging too. 


The first section has my version of a letterpress box. I don't have any myself, so I glued an X onto some card, layered that on a few more pieces of card painted it all black, then painted the X gold before attaching it to the box with foam pads. I also glued the wish token on the side. All backgrounds to the box sections are Docraft nature papers. 


The second section has a few ceramic stars glued in, while the third has a bottle. It was filled with orange and white beads with a remnant rub on attached to the bottle. I actually had to cut a little of the cork off because it was too big for the box.


The fourth section has a number five which was stickled and crackled. It also has five dice - the original plan was to have every other number on there apart from five but these dice don't have a six, so I just stacked them so the numbers one to five are facing out. The centre section has an ornate keyhole. 

The sixth section has a die cut bird, cracle glazed and alcohol inked. It also has a wire nest with pearl eggs, and some flowersoft. 


The seventh section is a die cut flower, coloured with Lindy's spray and with a load of black beads in the centre. The eighth section has a picture of a butterfly in a metal circle. This didn't work as well as I would have liked - in retrospect I think I used too much Glossy accents. 

Finally the last section has a domino piece and a set of wings. These boxes are a great way of using up the little things in a stash, and would make perfect gifts for people as you could tailor make it to their likes, or to shared memories.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminine doesn't have to be pink

I was making a Christmas present for somebody the other day and I got an email from That's Crafty for their latest challenge, which is feminine, so I decided to enter it into it. I'm also going to enter it into Finnabairs denim journal challenge using blue as my inspiration.

I started off with a plain wooden chest of drawers, coating it with white gesso then with tissue paper. After it was dry I inked it with distress pads and coated it with crackle texture paste. The interesting thing here is that I then had to take away the wooden lines between the drawers as the glue had swelled them so they wouldn't fit!! Lesson learned.


This is one side. I used some Docraft Parisienne blue paper for the 'blue' of the box, using a thinlits mixed media die to make a negative image and allow the tissue to shine through. The panel was inked with walnut stain on the side. Finally I cut some flowers and butterflies out, adding a gem in the middle of each flower.
This is the top. S…

A new challenge

Not crafty related which is why it's in a separate post. When I mentioned about not decluttering in a recent post it got me thinking. When I have been successful in completing something it's because I have broken it down into manageable chunks, so I have decided to attack decluttering using the same method. So, from now until the day I can't decide what to get rid of, I will be getting rid of one item a day. Here are the rules.

1. It cannot be food - obvious reasons there
2. A photo must be taken of said item - there are exceptions to this rule. I am not going to subject you to a picture of my old underwear should that be an item I get rid of.
3. Once chosen I cannot change my mind - this is relevant when I am in the middle of filling up a bag to give to charity. I cannot dig through it, once an item is in there, there it stays.
4. I must explain here where I got it (if I remember) why I am getting rid of it and where it is going.

So, with that in mind here are the first i…

Time! Look where we are...

Wasn't going to post anything today, then I decided that it's been ages since I've entered a challenge! So I looked around and found That's Crafty were hosting a challenge with the theme of time. So here is my entry to that. See if you can spot the time link...


Got it yet? I decided to celebrate my favourite Time Lord, Doctor Who! (The Eleventh incarnation to be precise)
The star is symbolic of Galifrey. It's chipboard, painted with tarnished brass distress paint, stickled with the same colour, then edged with weathered wood distress pad. The blue symbols are foil, embossed and sanded. The embossing folder just reminded me of Galifreyan writing!

The background is clocks *(not sure but I think it's a Docraft set) to which I inked the edges in weathered wood and added some remnant rub ons.

Bow tie. Cos bow ties are cool! This was made from Sew Lovely paper.

You can also see a shrink plastic keychain Tardis here, complete with bead sonic screwdriver and key. Cos e…