Skip to main content

Collage box

Decided to do something a little different craft wise this week. Before I get onto that, first the decluttering.


Nars Orgasm Blush - there's something unseemly about the fashion for naming make up like this. It's supposed to be the universal blush, but it's too glittery for me. It's also a couple of years old, so can't go to the charity shop. Bin.


Nars lip palette. Bought this as there's one colour I love but I thought it would be a bargain getting this in comparison. I was wrong. The palette doesn't work half as good as a lipstick does. Bin.

Holey socks. What is it with me and socks?! Bin.




The above three photos are ink cartridges. All run out, so bin. 
A lot of bare minerals eyeshadows. I'm a little too old for colours such as these now, but they are still good so I'm taking them to a  charity shop.

Next, Disney stitch update. I'm pleased to say not only have I completed the backstitch for the whole thing, but I've also finally taught myself the French knot!






Obviously no french knots on there (been working on it since I took the picture) but I'm so pleased beacuse now I'll be able to finish it properly.

Finally, I've made a collage box this week.



I got these from The Works with loads of wooden flower shapes inside. That's the best thing about craft purchases - nine times out of ten you can find use for the packaging too. 


The first section has my version of a letterpress box. I don't have any myself, so I glued an X onto some card, layered that on a few more pieces of card painted it all black, then painted the X gold before attaching it to the box with foam pads. I also glued the wish token on the side. All backgrounds to the box sections are Docraft nature papers. 


The second section has a few ceramic stars glued in, while the third has a bottle. It was filled with orange and white beads with a remnant rub on attached to the bottle. I actually had to cut a little of the cork off because it was too big for the box.


The fourth section has a number five which was stickled and crackled. It also has five dice - the original plan was to have every other number on there apart from five but these dice don't have a six, so I just stacked them so the numbers one to five are facing out. The centre section has an ornate keyhole. 

The sixth section has a die cut bird, cracle glazed and alcohol inked. It also has a wire nest with pearl eggs, and some flowersoft. 


The seventh section is a die cut flower, coloured with Lindy's spray and with a load of black beads in the centre. The eighth section has a picture of a butterfly in a metal circle. This didn't work as well as I would have liked - in retrospect I think I used too much Glossy accents. 

Finally the last section has a domino piece and a set of wings. These boxes are a great way of using up the little things in a stash, and would make perfect gifts for people as you could tailor make it to their likes, or to shared memories.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems