Skip to main content

Declutter and stitch update

My keyboard isn't working well today, so this will be a short one. First of all, the decluttering. Not pictured is a bank card because, well just because!



Chocolate moulds. Bought these to do Disney style goody bags a while ago and they haven't been used since. Bin.

Lollipop moulds. Same as above, except I don't think I ever used them.

A cat bed. Absolutely pointless buying it, as they didn't use it as a bed, but as a scratching post. Unfortunately it was damaged too much so we had to throw it away.

No 7 shower cream. Bought as part of a christmas set. Shower gel seems to be the only thing I can get through on a regular basis - body creams last forever. This was ok, not worth the hype. Ran out, so bin.

A collection of buttons for clothes that I got rid of a long time ago. Bin.

A pack of earrings. Bought as I thought it would be good to have some earrings that co-ordinated with clothes but I'm not very good at co-ordinating outfits let alone accessories. Also they tended to make my ears itch, so bin.

Next onto the stitching. I've been working on the Beauty and the Beast stitch, finishing one page of the back stitch. One thing I wish I had done before I started it is photocopying it, as where I have used highlighters to mark off the cross stitches I am having trouble seeing the back stitch.




I have made something else but I'm entering it into a challenge so it will be in the next post.
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…