Skip to main content

I'll never break your heart....

Yes this week's craft is another heart, but done in a completely different way. Before I get onto that, here is this week's decluttering items. Side note: I've literally just closed a webpage instead of buying something so it' starting to work!


A stone necklace. I bought this a while ago, liked it for a while, then didn't anymore. Charity shop.

A rose necklace. Bought at the Tower of London in 2012, purely because I still had the mindset that I should get myself a souvenir. It's a little clunky and bright for me, so it's going to the charity shop.

Hobbit necklace. My favourite quote (as well as even the smallest person...) but unfortunately the necklace broke, so it's had to go in the bin. Maybe I should make one of my own...

Alcohol ink. Used the last dregs of this in this week's project, so bin. 

Bare Minerals Warmth. Bought as a set in 2009! Makes me look like a cross between an oompa loompa (original version) and the guy who tells people they've been tangoed. I know some people like the fake tan look, but I suit the pale and wan face. Bin.

Roll on caffeine eye thingamajig. Thought this would miraculously make me feel, or at least look, less tired (why Emma, damnit you did science!) The bags under my eyes would still exceed the allowance allocated on any transatlantic flight, so it's bin bound
Mini lipsticks. I've got enough lipsticks to be using without doll sized ones, so they've had to go. Lovely shades though, more's the pity.

Now onto the crafts. As I've said, this week I've done another heart this week. I started off by glueing a smaller floral filled heart onto the bigger heart, then covering it with white gesso. When it was dry I painted it with magicals, then coated it with crackle texture paste in places. One thing I have noticed is that the crackle texture paste is that it tends to dry yellowish, which is a bit annoying. When it dried, I sprayed some paper with blue Lindy's stamp gang spray and die cut some flowers. I then die cut a butterfly and used two embossing powders to make an ombre effect, before glueing it onto the heart. Finally I used alcohol inks and alcohol blending solution to tone down the yellow crackle.







Next week I'm going to try something new. I should hopefully be practising french knots as well, as I'm on the last page of backstitch. Until then...
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…