Skip to main content

Small update

Small post today, just decluttering and where I finished off with my Middle Earth stitch, as I'm now back on the Disney one.


A raincoat. Zip broke, then it went mouldy, which is strange as it's supposed to be able to deal with damp. Bin.

Stephen King book. This one's going to charity. I've only read it once, and it didn't grab me. 

Red dress. I bought this to wear for the Dr Who anniversary programme in the cinema, as it's similar to what Clara wears in an episode. Bored with it now, as it doesn't hug the waist like it should do. Charity.

Bird dress. I love this, but over the years I've found I love chocolate more so I've outgrown it. However, there'a a lovely girl I know who this dress would really suit, so it's gone to her.

Texture paste. It's only a mini tub, and it's run out. Bin.

Big tooth comb. These are supposed to help with knots, but it does nothing for my hair, which actually broke one of the teeth. Bin.


Holey socks (there's a lot of these!) Bin.

Finally, here is where I'm up to in the Middle Earth stitch. It's gone back to the cupboard now, and the Disney stitch is back out. First of all I have to do backstitch, then French knot.


Someone pointed out that the margin is extremely small, which I didn't think about before. I won't be able to frame it in the traditional way, so I am going to have a think. I'll probably make a tapestry styl frame with some material.

Anyway, back to normal crafting next week. I've got a project in mind, which I'm going to start tomorrow.
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…