Skip to main content

Beadhaul box review - it's not easy being green

It's time  for another Beadhaul box! This one is February's - slightly belated but definitely worth the wait. This may be my favourite box yet!



Green is the colour of 2017 apparently. Being my favourite colour maybe I have a good year ahead of me?

The list of what's in the box.









Findings. I like the fact there are a few different findings this time - particularly the cords and the earrings. It's the first time they haven't included the hook ones, which is good cos I have loads of those!



Wooden beads. The big ones are the only thing I am not sure of in this box.


Crystal glass. Don't they look like grapes?

Acrylic crackle. Love things with crackle in.

Howlite. There are little bits of crackle in there as well.

Natural shell beads. Very similar to the square ones from a few boxes ago, but a better shape.

Crystal glass hearts. These are gloriously delicate.

Imitation coral. I think I might thread these on a beaded necklace.

Glass lampwork. They remind me of the hearts from a previous box, which is not a bad thing.

Tree pendant. Lovely and subtle, and perfect to put with green beads.

Opal elephants. Sorry, imitation opal elephants. More directed at kids I think, but they're cute.

......trees I guess? Whatever they are I love them. Definitely going to make earrings out of these.

So that's the review for this month. Best one so far easily (not that the others weren't great, but this one is beautiful). If you are interested in signing up it costs £15 a box, and they are released every two months.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…