Skip to main content

Crafters block...

How do you go about keeping up a blog whose subject is crafting when you have a creative block? Depression can be a bit of a hindrance sometimes when it comes to being creative. This week, I was feeling particularly uncreative, but I perservered. First of all, here is the update on my photo stitch. I tend to stitch more when I am feeling anxious. I have been feeling pretty anxious this week, which resulted in me finishing a page in record time. I only have one more page to go till it is finished.



I also took one of my other kits to work so that I could do a bit of stitching during my break. I started this on Monday.


That's quite a bit of stitching! I'm leaving the glitter parts till last because I hate working with glitter thread. It always snags. I got Thread Heaven for christmas last year, so I'm hoping this gets rid of the problem.

I didn't feel like this was creative enough, so I tried to make a card. I had no idea what to do, so I gathered together some stuff and just went with my instincts.


I dug out my old Docrafts chronology paper, and used a grey sheet for the background. I also cut out a blue hot air balloon. Then I added some red Bobunny lace along the bottom. The stamped image was from Quick Cards magazine. One thing I do need to work on is my colouring. I've got some watercolour pencils, so perhaps I will practise with those. Anyway, after adding two resin flowers from my stash I got some chipboard pieces. The red frame was coloured with promarkers, the lock was inked with frayed burlap and distress stickled with brushed cordurouy. The little frame was inked and stickled with faded jeans, and the key with pumice stone (the key is my favourite part). Finally, the 30 was painted with white crackle paint, inked with scattered straw, coated in clear crackle polish then rubbed with pumice stone.

I think if I did this again I would take out the lock and out the frame and the number in it's place but, aside from that, I'm actually pleased with this. I'm really loving the stickles at the moment. I've never really been a glitter person but, as you can see, these are no ordinary glitters. What I will try and remember to do next time I use them is to distress ink the sides after they have dried, as I keep forgetting all these Tim Holtz things are designed to work together!

Emma x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro