Skip to main content

It's christmas again!

Ok today I'm showcasing the final two tags of my task. For this pair, I dug out a pad of papers I got a long while ago as a magazine freebie. The pad is called classic elegance. For the first  tag, I had the name of the famous Maya Angelou book stuck in my head, so I used it as inspiration.


I started by choosing the background paper and inking it around the edges, adding some remnant rubs. I then painted a cage gold.


The words were stamped with my new alphabet stamps (which I technically don't have yet as it's not my birthday!) I stamped them onto another paper from the pad, cut them out, then inked round the edges with tattered rose. 


The fairy is actually from another magazine freebie paper pad, called fairy belle. I cut off her wings as I didn't need them.


Here is a close up of the wing. It's a grungeboard wing, painted white, stamped with musical note background stamp and coated with rock candy glitter. 

The second stamp, and the reason for the title, is christmas themed. I have had a bit of a sort out of my craft stuff this week and came across a gorgeous set of christmas themed stamps, so I used them for this tag.


I started off by choosing the background and inking it again. I then stamped a fireplace three times; once in paper and twice in chipboard. I cut out the fireplaces, additionally cutting the fire out of one of the chipboards and the paper, which I inked. I then layered them up with foam pads.


The mouse is chipboard inked with frayed burlap. The fire was coloured with promarkers (to black out the bit that isn't on fire) and then distress stickled for the fire itself. 



The stockings were stamped twice, once in chipboard and once in paper. They are glued onto the mantel. I used flowersoft for the garland, with a few gems in. 


Last but not least is the quote from the night before christmas, inked and layered so it stands out.

So that's all three (or six as they are double sided) tags, and finally some progress made. 

Spending wise, there hasn't been any since I last updated. Here are the updates so far:

1. Starry night cross stitch (on page 3)
2. Complete project book (13/21)
3. Complete book plans for 2 and 3 (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (22/100)
5. Make 15 christmas presents (no progress)
6. Make 12 birthday presents (2/12)
7. Make calendar and G45 box and tags (made tags)
8. Hit minimum savings target (12.9%)
9. Kili cross stitch (no progress)
10. Write 50,000 words (no progress)

Happy crafting everyone
Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…