Skip to main content

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

The best laid plans....

Haven't been as productive as I'd like to have been this week. In fact, haven't really been productive at all so far, not all of that my fault. Still, I have a couple of days left so I still have a chance. I'm feeling stressed today. Constant promotion (and lacklustre sales) of my book is getting me down and sapping my strength. I'm having one of those days when I wish I had never written it.

Anyway, me moaning about my life is not why people come to this blog. So I'll share one thing that I have done this week, the other half of my tag. As I've said before, I have three double sided tags to do, each one with a certain paper. The first was Madame Payraud, the second one is a Docraft clocks one (not sure what it is called) So here is the second half of that tag.





I used hot air balloon backgrounds (blue and grey) cutting out some of the grey ones to layer over the blue. I then cut out the umbrella man three times, once in chipboard, once in an orange colour paper, and once in a beige colour. I inked the handle gold on the chipboard, then used the orange for the umbrella and the beige for the man. I stuck a bicycle on the side (not sure why but it works so who cares) and then got some grungeboard letters that spelt out raindrop, inked it with broken china, stickled it with shattered glass, then glossy accented it. Then glossy accented it again when my cat decided to jump on it.

So that's one thing. There is something else I've been working on but only the exterior is finished so I want to wait until the interior is too. I'm going to work on more tags tonight.

Spending wise, the only thing I've done since payday is spend £11.27 on milkshakes, mushrooms, potatoes, a salad and two steaks. I was going to take my mum out for a meal this week but did this instead. Lovely meal, and a lot cheaper than it would have been in a restaurant.

Emma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…