Skip to main content

How do people stitch so quickly?

I'm on a few Facebook groups that are cross stitch themed, and one of them asks you to post your WIP every Wednesday. Someone posted their Holiday Village (the one I've put aside for now) and they managed to almost finish it in ten weeks!!! I could say I'm not jealous but I'd be lying...

Anyway, I've found that having very few tasks left to do has left me a little directionless strangely. I've only got the two left to complete now; the book plans and the savings target. The savings target is something that I can only influence once a month so that will take a while (on 65% now!) so the book plans are what I need to concentrate on but I'm finding my energy dissipating in general at the moment. I've had my two days off work this week and neither day was productive in any way, so the only thing I have to show for this week is my progress on the cross stitch.




So I'm feeling a little annoyed with myself this week but I suppose we all have our off weeks. I've got a week off soon so I can work harder then. I think part of my problem is not knowing what to work on next, which is why I tend to default to the stitching. The good thing is I haven't bought things, aside from a meal at Wetherspoons yesterday for £19.77. I am tempted by the new Sherlock funko pops though! Maybe for christmas?

So another stitchy post this week, but there is nothing wrong with that sometimes!

Ems



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…