Skip to main content

I want much more than this provincial life...

This is the final t-shirt, which means I've already made next years birthday presents! If you're a Disney buff like me, you will have guessed what the subject is by the title. If not, here it is



I found this pattern on pinterest. The person who designed it has loads of designs (including the phoenix from earlier) and is unbelievably talented. The reason I chose this is that the recipient is my unofficial little sister (mum's friends daughter) and the first present I ever bought her was a replica of the Belle dress. She's also the little girl I took to Disney last year. This was the hardest to stitch not due to the design but the size of the shirt. I couldn't put it over my hoop so had to stitch it free hand.

The only t shirt I have left now is my own. I have an idea for which design I want but I'm not 100% yet. I keep changing my mind!

Spending wise I spent £10.07 getting food for work next week and some cat food (notice I've stopped listing exactly what - I still am in my financial diary but not on here) I also switched a treat around, as the Hobbit is not out yet, so I moved that one to my 50,000 words task, and changed the Kili stitch one to the first four seasons of Blue Bloods. I shopped around a little bit, and managed to save some money on them, all four costing me £46.

Happy crafting 
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…