Skip to main content

This one's gonna take a while!!

I've just realised I haven't posted about my spends for a couple of weeks so I am going to get that out of the way first. Before my September wages came in I posted the prizes (£5.02) and bought some food (£14.44) all which meant I had no money for savings. Since then I have transferred £350 to my ISA, spent £10 on food, bought four copies of LAAC (two of which have been reimbursed, two which still need to be- the £16 I used for a meal out for mum and I.) bought a dress from New Look for me and a top for mum (22.99) bought some icecream and snacks (9.10 - amazingly enough one tub of Ben and Jerry was 5.24, two were a fiver!) paid the rent, the Sky and the phone bill (25.78) bought a Lindy Bop dress from ebay for £11.80 and bought another copy of LAAC (for a reason I will divulge later) and a copy of Flowers for Algernon for 14.73. So a lot of spending!

Anyway, the title is about the latest stitch I have begun - which I will put aside at a later date to do the second wedding stitch. It is called Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love and I got it from WDW last year. So here is where I am so far.





 
I get a bit stuck at times with how to continue, as there are some confetti style bits. So I decided to stitch the top part so that I could work on the left hand side. I was very careful with my counting with this one! I've been using a highlighter pen to cross off the stitches as I do them, which seems to be working so far. The thing you have to remember with this is that I've stitched to each horizontal side and vertical from top to bottom of one quarter of the whole stitch! So it is four times the size of this! It will look amazing framed but it is going to take a long time to complete.
 
I'm off this week and have at least one craft piece planned. Hopefully more but I will not guarantee that.
 
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…