Skip to main content

So many posts, so little time...

I wasn't planning on posting anything today but I tried my hand at making some jewellery, so thought I would show what I've done.

First, I made a pair of earrings. I found some fly charms, some leaves, some gold beads and some findings. All  were nearly the same colour and I wanted something to stand out so I got some nail polish (another of the things I hoarded at some point or other in my life) and painted the wings of each fly. I then strung some beads onto a couple of eyepins and attached the leaves to there, and attached both the flies and leaves to another jump ring to put on the earrings.


 
I also wanted to make a necklace. I've got a bicycle charm and I wanted to make a necklace out of it, to go with the Lindy Bop dress I bought a couple of weeks ago. I haven't got any chain apart from silver which wouldn't work, so I dug through my stash and found some chain fragments in the right colour, and some eyepins, pearls of two different colours, and some stepper charms that said love. Stringing them all together I came up with this.
 

 
As you can see I got my nail polishes out for this charm as well!


 
Here are the love stepper charms. I am quite new to jewellery making so didn't know what they were for initially, but google saves us all.


 
So there it is. I've tried it on and it sits perfectly. The good thing is I have a few more of these fragments so I can make another necklace if I want.
 
Happy crafting
Ems
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…