Skip to main content

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Back to the crafting! First of all, I stitched another wedding sampler. It's the same pattern, but I just want to illustrate how different a pattern looks when you simply change the colour.



I've also started work on the Beauty and the Beast stitch again. Here is where I am currently.

 
Not a lot of progress but it's a big project, probably the biggest I've taken on so far.
 
 
Now on for the multi medium! I dug out some Feel Unique boxes for this. For those who don't know, Feel Unique did a subscription beauty box for a while, and before I was craft mad I had a few of these. The Feel Unique ones were black, with a drawer you pulled out. Perfect for a craft project and another example of never throwing things away that you can alter! I started by gluing them together (three in total) and covering the sides with card. You may remember the next bit from earlier. I glued a bunch of random things onto the card, painted it in black gesso, then dry brushed in tarnished brass with a little brass ink to highlight some pieces. I purposefully left some bits blank, then used Steampunk Spells paper to fill in the gaps, tearing the edge of the paper and distress inking it to make it look almost burned.

 
The front of the drawers were papered with moon paper, inked around the edges.

 
The beads I got in a Crafty Creatives box ages ago. I didn't really like them or know what to do with them, so I painted them with black and brass and used them for drawer pulls!

 
You can see both the brassed bit and the burned edges of the paper on this picture.

 
I fussy cut some pieces here to give a bit of dimension. I couldn't do much on this side as there was a lot of the brassed bit.

Here is the back. I inked it more to give it an almost mouldy look.

 
The cardboard was a little short on this side but, as I used the same paper, it actually works quite well.

 
I fussy cut some more here; balloons, flowers and a Halloween card.



 
Finally I papered the inside with three different papers.
 
So there you have it, my Halloween project!
 
Happy crafting (and Happy Halloween)
Ems
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…