Skip to main content

Why stop at one tag?

First of all, here is where I am currently on the BAB stitch.



I realise it's a bit crumpled but unfortunately I can't put it in my hoop, nor can
I afford to buy a new one, so I've been freehanding. I've also found a new pattern I really want to do, which, rather than buy more threads, I'm going to try altering the colours of. Long way off though.

Tim Holtz has always done amazing tags and I decided, as I was rather late learning about his tags, I'd try my hand at an old one of his.

 
As you can see I've altered it slightly, substituting what he used with what I have in my stash.

 
The reindeer was almost the same, but with a different embossing folder and less leaves and bells around the neck. There is gold spattered but I don't have mixative or one of those fancy brushes so I used an old toothbrush and distress paint. I also used black remnant rubs rather than white.

 
 
I couldn't use the beaded trim as a) I don't have any beaded trim and b) I have pediments die cuts on either end as I don't have any traditional tags. I actually prefer the pediment tags. I'm also glad I added the tree, which I embossed with holly leaves before inking with peeled paint. It really adds to the shabby chic style tag.
 
So two holidays in one day! I'm not sure how crafting will go next month as I have set myself the challenge of doing some writing every day in the hope of getting at least one of my WIP's finished. It's balancing them that's the hard part, but at least it will keep me busy.
 
Ems
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…